Friday, September 22, 2006

How Much Do You Want To Bet

I'm no celebrity. I never have been and most likely never will be, but I'll be willing to bet that I have more rights than most celebrities will ever have. There is none bigger than that of being photographed in public.

Celebrities are photographed more than any other thing in the world. National Geographic has nothing on the paparazzi. The paparazzi takes more photos in an entire day that film that Wal-Mart sells in an entire year. Hundreds of photographers can surround a single celebrity taking thousands of photos in a matter of minutes. This is perfectly legal because there is no law that says that you cannot take a photo of a person in a public place, therefore every celebrity is fair game.

So what makes me have more rights than celebrities? Easy. Even though it's perfectly legal to follow me around town, take pictures of me because I'm out in public, and so on, if you were to actually to do that to me I could call the police and have you arrested for stalking. It's just that simple. I can simply say that I feel threatened by you and have you arrested. It's just that simple.

So why is it so hard for a celebrity to do this same thing? Simple. It's because they are a celebrity. Nobody seems to believe that they can be victims of stalkers. They just say that they are being followed by the paparazzi, which is of coarse, is perfectly legal. Even though people like Princess Diana were killed due to activities of the paparazzi, nothing seems to be done to these people who take photos of celebrities for a living, even though they may be in fact putting these celebrities lives in danger.

No comments: